Cars/vehicles you have owned

2 wheels or 4 - talk about it here
User avatar
Posts: 868
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:27 pm
Location: glasgow

Re: Cars/vehicles you have owned

Postby benny39 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Matt the polo is supercharged & turbocharged 1.4 180bhp...it's quick...no lag

Cheers
Benny.
pioneer pdp5090. vsxlx70. bdplx71. ATC scm50asl classic, ATC C4 sub, Antelope Audio zodiac gold/voltikus,Purepower 1050i, Apple ipad + mac-mini, Sennhieser hd25, Harmony 1100 remote, WW supernova 6 optical, Van Damme xl-r. WW stratus 52, Iomega 2tb's hard drives, Granite plinths,WW starlight USB.

User avatar
Posts: 6435
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Cars/vehicles you have owned

Postby MattSPL » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:46 pm

benny39 wrote:Matt the polo is supercharged & turbocharged 1.4 180bhp...it's quick...no lag

Cheers
Benny.


Sounds nice :D
I take it thats the new one :?:

Cheers
Matt
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

User avatar
Posts: 880
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:13 pm
Location: Hull

Re: Cars/vehicles you have owned

Postby Craig » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:21 am

benny39 wrote: 1.4 180bhp

Cheers
Benny.

holy shit! what's the fuel consumption? i'm averaging 22mpg and finding it impossible to crack 30 :cry:

have any of you fellas got any idea if under seat subs are much cop? had a demo of some focal speakers and sub, but the sub is too big - i'd end up taking it in and out all the time.

speakers are http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-focal-165kr_p-24106.htm
sub is http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-focal-bus25_p-24085.htm
seems to me the sub isn't going to be worth having?
source: Macbook Pro > Airplay > ATV3 > Benchmark Dac1 HDR
active speakers: Event Opal
Cheap XLR microphone cables

User avatar
Posts: 6435
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Cars/vehicles you have owned

Postby MattSPL » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:33 am

Hi Craig

I've never heard an under seat sub, but this pioneer is a great sub. Very very musical and fast.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/produc ... id/31.html

Cheers
Matt
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

User avatar
Posts: 409
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 8:57 am

Re: Cars/vehicles you have owned

Postby emgee » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:52 am

A mate had a Boxster with an under seat sub; made me feel sick as he'd thoughtfully put it under the passenger seat! Didn't sound that great-a bit wooden if you ask me. He'd spent a small fortune on it all and my Volvo HP audio in my S80 blew his away on quality of sound and loudness without hardly any distortion (Dynaudio speakers don't you know ;) ), coupled with a digital amp that fires through optical cable.
cheers
Mark

User avatar
Posts: 868
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:27 pm
Location: glasgow

Re: Cars/vehicles you have owned

Postby benny39 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:27 am

Craig wrote:
benny39 wrote: 1.4 180bhp

Cheers
Benny.

holy shit! what's the fuel consumption? i'm averaging 22mpg and finding it impossible to crack 30 :cry:

have any of you fellas got any idea if under seat subs are much cop? had a demo of some focal speakers and sub, but the sub is too big - i'd end up taking it in and out all the time.

speakers are http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-focal-165kr_p-24106.htm
sub is http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-focal-bus25_p-24085.htm
seems to me the sub isn't going to be worth having?



The wee polo will return 40mpg with a light foot & 30mpg with a temper...not bad, well made, it's really the size of the older Golf now...all grown up, Im quite enjoying it at the moment...but probably won't keep it for too long as I already have been having daydreams over an Audi a3 Tdi s-line :) I too don't have any experience with sub's in cars Craig, I have heard some but they just sound daft as they're always played far too loud to appreciate :roll: I've never looked much further than casual listening in the car...radio...couple of discs, maybe age :?
Cheers
Benny.
pioneer pdp5090. vsxlx70. bdplx71. ATC scm50asl classic, ATC C4 sub, Antelope Audio zodiac gold/voltikus,Purepower 1050i, Apple ipad + mac-mini, Sennhieser hd25, Harmony 1100 remote, WW supernova 6 optical, Van Damme xl-r. WW stratus 52, Iomega 2tb's hard drives, Granite plinths,WW starlight USB.

User avatar
Posts: 880
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:13 pm
Location: Hull

Re: Cars/vehicles you have owned

Postby Craig » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:28 pm

emgee wrote:A mate had a Boxster with an under seat sub; made me feel sick as he'd thoughtfully put it under the passenger seat! Didn't sound that great-a bit wooden if you ask me. He'd spent a small fortune on it all and my Volvo HP audio in my S80 blew his away on quality of sound and loudness without hardly any distortion (Dynaudio speakers don't you know ;) ), coupled with a digital amp that fires through optical cable.

cheers emgee, might give it a miss - the one i linked to only appears to add 10hz deeper bass.
source: Macbook Pro > Airplay > ATV3 > Benchmark Dac1 HDR
active speakers: Event Opal
Cheap XLR microphone cables

Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:57 am

Re: Cars/vehicles you have owned

Postby stever750 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:46 pm

A 2014 SEAT Leon Cupra 320

User avatar
Posts: 6435
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Cars/vehicles you have owned

Postby MattSPL » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:05 pm

stever750 wrote:A 2014 SEAT Leon Cupra 320


Sounds good, I bet that's quick :D
Do you have it remapped?

Cheers
Matt
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Previous

Return to Motors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest