Cars/vehicles you have owned

2 wheels or 4 - talk about it here

Cars/vehicles you have owned

Postby MattSPL » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:56 pm

My first vehicle was an Italjet Dragster 50cc scooter but was written off by a car after just 3 months :cry:

Then a few years later i bought a New Ford transit connect van in Black, got the engine mapped and fitted a 1200watt amp, speakers and 12inch sub :D I built the sub enclosure myself and did the installation with a friend.

Then i bought a Toyota Glanza V, 1.3 Turbo. I did a few bits to this including an induction kit, dump valve, new actuator on the turbo a remap and a massive front mount intercooler to replace the tiny one that was mounted on the engine. This mod made the car very quick. It was a handful, especially in the wet with severe torque steer issues :D
Wasn't great with speed bumps or ramps either.

Then i bought the Subaru Impreza Sti type R. I did work to the suspension/anti roll bars, sports cat and stainless exhaust, remap, brembo rear discs and 2 pot calipers fitted, Stoptech 4 pot calipers and drilled discs on the front and loads of other bits and pieces. It was running about 300bhp and 300ft lb torque.

Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Re: Cars/vehicles you have owned

Postby AlmaataKZ » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:53 am

For me - none! :oops:
iMac/Bluray/PVR - Marantz SR7008 - 7.1 ATC SCM50SLAT fronts, C1C centre, SCM7 rears, MonitoAudio M3 rear surr, C4 sub
Airplay multiroom (aex to genelec 6010, b&w mm1, avi dm10)
System here: http://atcforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=667

Postby MattSPL » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:19 pm

You better off. They eat money.
I dont own a car anymore. I drive a van from work.
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Postby Craig » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:38 pm

no piccies i'm afraid...
started off with motorbikes: honda h100, yamaha rd200, yamaha rd350 ypvs, yamaha tzr250, kawasaki kr1s, suzuki rg500 with stan stevens stage 3 tune (this was totally insane and i'm amazed i survived owning it, looking back). i'm actually amazed i didn't hurt myself more, as i had no sense of self-preservation and a thrill seeking attitude.
then a few bangers: ford fiesta 1.4 (eric), citroen zx (pierre) i bought this in the summer - didn't think to check if the heater worked :x , vauxhall carlton (the slug). the carlton was a death trap in the wet. when it failed it's mot, i mentioned to some of my mountain biking buddies that it was too corroded underneath to repair, they said "oh yeah, you should've heard the creaking noises it made". bloody hell, cheers for telling me lads! :lol:
then a ford focus st (stan), then a driving ban for speeding :oops:
drive a focus 1.8 (fanny) now, but going to have to look at a diesel estate of some kind. :( i do too many miles with work and surfing, and need to look at something big enough to get the dog in the back when he's fully grown. the idea of a diesel estate signals i've admitted defeat, life has beaten me into submission. :lol:

btw, the brackets contain the cars name. :oops: :oops: :oops:
source: Macbook Pro > Airplay > ATV3 > Benchmark Dac1 HDR
active speakers: Event Opal
Cheap XLR microphone cables

Postby SimonJ » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Current Car Focus ST from new and love it! :D
BC CD2, Mac Mini (HiFace) & Sonos>BC DAC3VBS LNS powered>Coherant 4d xlr >Sugden Masterclass Pre Amp>Coherant 4d xlr & Mains >GamuT D200 MKII >Coherant 4d Speaker Cable>Cabasse Egea 3

Postby Craig » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:00 pm

i think the focus in general is a brilliant car, the st is really great - brilliant steering, i loved mine.

Postby MattSPL » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi Craig

You sure were nuts with the bikes and the car names :lol:

My brother drives the older Focus st 170 which is decent but nothing like the new beast.
Somebody here is selling an old fiest Rs turbo in need of a bit of work. Id love it but have finished with cars for a few years while i build the hifi again and concentrate on the house and stuff.

Postby emgee » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:49 pm

Had one of these 20yrs+ ago when in the military, loved it! Then, a year or so ago I found some old photos and it got me in the mood for another, so after a year odd of searching for the right car here it is: 1975 Opel Kadett GT/E, modified 2.4i motor, Bilstein suspension all round, lsd rear diff and Getrag 5 speed 'box. It was the subject of a full resto about 6/7yrs ago by the former owner. Really fun to drive and IMHO one of the prettiest 70's cars out there (not that there are many left!)

cheers
Mark

Postby Craig » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:02 pm

that is sweet!!! :D looks mint condition, too.
i was planning on getting a big old diesel estate, but the devil got me... brum, whistle, BAAARRRRRPPPP :lol:

st3

Postby benny39 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:33 pm

When I was younger I had a green dolly sprint...vauxhall Firenza 2300 droopsnoot then a Mexico, moved onto golf GTI's, then bought a Subaru Impreza WRX, now I have a little Polo GTi, will hunt for old photo's at the weekend.
pioneer pdp5090. vsxlx70. bdplx71. ATC scm50asl classic, ATC C4 sub, Antelope Audio zodiac gold/voltikus,Purepower 1050i, Apple ipad + mac-mini, Sennhieser hd25, Harmony 1100 remote, WW supernova 6 optical, Van Damme xl-r. WW stratus 52, Iomega 2tb's hard drives, Granite plinths,WW starlight USB.

Postby MattSPL » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:39 pm

emgee wrote:Had one of these 20yrs+ ago when in the military, loved it! Then, a year or so ago I found some old photos and it got me in the mood for another, so after a year odd of searching for the right car here it is: 1975 Opel Kadett GT/E, modified 2.4i motor, Bilstein suspension all round, lsd rear diff and Getrag 5 speed 'box. It was the subject of a full resto about 6/7yrs ago by the former owner. Really fun to drive and IMHO one of the prettiest 70's cars out there (not that there are many left!)

Absolutely stunning car :D

Postby emgee » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Cheers! Update: Total Vauxhall rang me on Friday and want to do a piece on the Kadett! :) I've said yes so long as they can make me young and thin in the photos :lol:

Should be in a the next 2-3months, keep you all posted (if anyone's interested that is?)
cheers
Mark

Postby BenL » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Good stuff 8-) Keep us updated :)
HiFi: Sonos & Primare -> ATC SCM40

AV: Pioneer 428XD / Onkyo SC886 -> Primare A30.5 -> ATC SCM11s, ATC C3C, Q7000 LR, ATC C2 sub

Postby MattSPL » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Great :D

Would be interested in seeing that 8-)

Postby MattSPL » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:36 pm

benny39 wrote:When I was younger I had a green dolly sprint...vauxhall Firenza 2300 droopsnoot then a Mexico, moved onto golf GTI's, then bought a Subaru Impreza WRX, now I have a little Polo GTi, will hunt for old photo's at the weekend.

Hi Benny

How do you find the Polo GTi?
Is it a Turbo?

Cheers
Matt

Next

Return to Motors