MevDinc's System

ATC & other manufacturers system pictures

MevDinc's System

Postby MevDinc » Mon May 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Here's the first picture of my system.
Cheers.
Mev

Audirvana+3.0 - Mac Mini, Lindermann Musicbook 20 DSD, ATC EL 150ASL (with the ATC tweeter!)

Re: MevDinc's System

Postby AlmaataKZ » Mon May 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Oho! Fantastic! What a system!
Looking forward for more pics and hopefully some comparisons of past and present settle.
We've got the forum's first 150 el!
Great!
iMac/Bluray/PVR - Marantz SR7008 - 7.1 ATC SCM50SLAT fronts, C1C centre, SCM7 rears, MonitoAudio M3 rear surr, C4 sub
Airplay multiroom (aex to genelec 6010, b&w mm1, avi dm10)
System here: http://atcforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=667

Postby MevDinc » Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 pm

I think ATC speakers sound very similar all the way from the 20s to the 150s. Of course, you get more dynamics and bigger sound all round as you go up the ladder.
I must say that the EL 150ASLs show no indication of any possible limitations, what's really shocked me is the fact that they played so smooth straight out of the box, I think this has a lot to do with the P6 amplifier!

I can't wait to hear how the system will sound 200hrs or so later as the 100s had improved so much!

Some more pics..
P6 the Beast :)

El 150, Sub and the 100 (looks much smaller in comparision :) )
Audirvana+3.0 - Mac Mini, Lindermann Musicbook 20 DSD, ATC EL 150ASL (with the ATC tweeter!)

Postby BenL » Mon May 23, 2011 9:06 pm

Wow! :D Absolutely stunning! The speakers look incredible, and I think that's the first P6 I've seen in domestic use, nice one :D Can't believe how small the 100s and the sub look next to the 150s :shock:
HiFi: Sonos & Primare -> ATC SCM40

AV: Pioneer 428XD / Onkyo SC886 -> Primare A30.5 -> ATC SCM11s, ATC C3C, Q7000 LR, ATC C2 sub

Postby MattSPL » Mon May 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Gorgeous speakers :D

They must be huge. I bet they sound absolutely amazing.
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Postby Craig » Mon May 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Amazing! pretty much my dream ATC system! 8-)
the zodiac looks like an interesting bit of kit.
source: Macbook Pro > Airplay > ATV3 > Benchmark Dac1 HDR
active speakers: Event Opal
Cheap XLR microphone cables

Postby benny39 » Mon May 23, 2011 11:11 pm

Absolutely out of this world :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: first time i have seen anyone with a P6 or El150aasl either...i am thinking about a demo of the zodiac gold + Voltikus :) amazingly good set-up ;)

All the best
Benny.
pioneer pdp5090. vsxlx70. bdplx71. ATC scm50asl classic, ATC C4 sub, Antelope Audio zodiac gold/voltikus,Purepower 1050i, Apple ipad + mac-mini, Sennhieser hd25, Harmony 1100 remote, WW supernova 6 optical, Van Damme xl-r. WW stratus 52, Iomega 2tb's hard drives, Granite plinths,WW starlight USB.

Postby dimis » Tue May 24, 2011 11:27 am

Hi Mev! Welcome! Your system is absolutely stunning! I don't think it can get any better. Perhaps with an ultra-expensive dac such as a dcs and the likes. Do try to test a mac as a digital front with the latest version of pure music (with upsampling). Although I do like foobar, I did find pure music to be quite better. Actually, I found it to be the best software player among the ones I tested.
MacBook Pro with Dirac Live > Metric Halo Lio-8 > ATC SCM100ASL Pro + twin SVS SB13 ultra

Postby dimis » Tue May 24, 2011 11:30 am

Could you please list the room treatments you are using?
MacBook Pro with Dirac Live > Metric Halo Lio-8 > ATC SCM100ASL Pro + twin SVS SB13 ultra

Postby benny39 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:37 am

Mev can i ask how you are finding the zodiac gold with your ultra hi-end setup? I am patiently awaiting the arrival of a new pair of 50asl classic's & have been reading & re-reading article's on the Antelope range, i am hoping for a home dem of one soon :) to replace an ATC CA2 & EE minimax tube DAC as a one box solution...just wondering how it is performing now settled & presumably had a few hundred hour's through it, many thanks & congratulations once again...its quite a collection for sure to behold in the same room :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Benny :D
pioneer pdp5090. vsxlx70. bdplx71. ATC scm50asl classic, ATC C4 sub, Antelope Audio zodiac gold/voltikus,Purepower 1050i, Apple ipad + mac-mini, Sennhieser hd25, Harmony 1100 remote, WW supernova 6 optical, Van Damme xl-r. WW stratus 52, Iomega 2tb's hard drives, Granite plinths,WW starlight USB.

Postby MevDinc » Tue May 24, 2011 6:42 pm

Mev can i ask how you are finding the zodiac gold with your ultra hi-end setup?

Thanks Benny :)
I have clocked up well over 500hrs on my Zodiac Gold + Voltikus so that they would be perfectly cooked for the EL 150s - they sound just superb, I suggest you ask your dealer to give you a burnt Zodiac :)

Could you please list the room treatments you are using?

I just used fiber based panels, placed on walls and in corners, it seems to give good enough results with hardly no echo.
Hi Mev! Welcome! Your system is absolutely stunning! I don't think it can get any better. Perhaps with an ultra-expensive dac such as a dcs and the likes. Do try to test a mac as a digital front with the latest version of pure music (with upsampling). Although I do like foobar, I did find pure music to be quite better. Actually, I found it to be the best software player among the ones I tested.

Thanks Dimis.
I actually use the WASAPI driver with the Foobar and in Exclusive mode; this uses a bit perfect mode and completely bypasses the Windows sound mixer. This really gives much better results.

I also download and use 24bit192kHz music whenever I can, the difference is really amazing :)

Thank you all for the kind words.
Best.
Mev

Postby dimis » Tue May 24, 2011 8:15 pm

MevDinc wrote:
I actually use the WASAPI driver with the Foobar and in Exclusive mode; this uses a bit perfect mode and completely bypasses the Windows sound mixer. This really gives much better results.

Sure, I do use foobar this way too (bit perfect). I recently purchased a macbook and tested amarra and pure music (all bit perfect, too - my dac has a built-in transparency test). Still, the sound from all three players varies significantly. Hard to understand why this is, but it does.

Postby MevDinc » Tue May 24, 2011 8:44 pm

dimis wrote:Sure, I do use foobar this way too (bit perfect). I recently purchased a macbook and tested amarra and pure music (all bit perfect, too - my dac has a built-in transparency test). Still, the sound from all three players varies significantly. Hard to understand why this is, but it does.

Yes, you are absolutely right, the sound does vary. I think this maybe down to the way they handle the volume. I set the volume to full on my dac and use the volume control of Foobar. This way I can also control the volume from Marantz when I'm watching movies.

Postby dimis » Wed May 25, 2011 9:41 am

MevDinc wrote:
dimis wrote:Sure, I do use foobar this way too (bit perfect). I recently purchased a macbook and tested amarra and pure music (all bit perfect, too - my dac has a built-in transparency test). Still, the sound from all three players varies significantly. Hard to understand why this is, but it does.

Yes, you are absolutely right, the sound does vary. I think this maybe down to the way they handle the volume. I set the volume to full on my dac and use the volume control of Foobar. This way I can also control the volume from Marantz when I'm watching movies.

Well, I do not use the players' volume control, just my dac's one. Who knows...

Postby MevDinc » Fri May 27, 2011 8:23 am

dimis wrote:
MevDinc wrote:

Well, I do not use the players' volume control, just my dac's one. Who knows...

That's the Digital World :)

BTW, has anyone tried using their dac with a suitable battery? You should try it if you haven't already, the result is amazing; you get much deeper and cleaner bass, and more analog like sound too :)

Mev

Next

Return to System setup pictures