ATC Pics

ATC & other manufacturers system pictures

Re: ATC Pics

Postby studioman » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:55 pm

I presume this article has been discovered by ATC / Gilmour fans before, but I hadn't seen it so I thought I'd post the link....

http://www.davidgilmour.com/press/2005/ ... arch05.pdf
They say if you can remember the 60's, you weren't really there. Now somehow I have reached 62...oh shit, it's 63 now, ...How and when did THAT happen?....there's a lesson there somewhere if only I could figure it out...

Postby Flatovercrest » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:59 pm

It was after reading the article a while ago, I took a greater interest in my mains supply and followed their advice by installing the balanced mains transformer.
Alex.

ATC SCM50ASL`s, ATC SCA2 Preamp, Aune CD Pro transport kit, DDDAC 16 stack Dac, Lots of room treatment.

Postby Shadorne » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:42 am

Looks like the son of George Martin uses ATC to mix the latest 5.1 Beatles...

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34766693
"ATC. Always The Champion. I will not record without them. The best studio monitors. Period." ~ Lenny Kravitz

Benchmark DAC3, 2 x ATC SCM EL150ASL, 1 ATC SCM 0.1/15, 2 x Genelec 8020, Roland TD-30 Drums, Pearl Ref Acoustic Kit, Ludwig brass & Pearl Ref snares, Gibson LP Supreme, Fender Precision Bass

Postby Shadorne » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:04 am

Omar Hakim (one of the greatest living drummers) recently discovered ATC.

He heard them while working on a project for Kate Bush. Now he has them at his home studio.

Like many or perhaps most of us here - he was smitten immediately he heard them.

It is quite amazing how ATC sell themselves and I am sometimes puzzled that not everyone is blessed such that they can hear the difference instantly like this. I am thankful that I have the right stuff in terms of ears and happened to stumble on ATC in 1994 and instantly recognized that this type of detailed accurate sound is exactly what I was looking for in a speaker!
"ATC. Always The Champion. I will not record without them. The best studio monitors. Period." ~ Lenny Kravitz

Benchmark DAC3, 2 x ATC SCM EL150ASL, 1 ATC SCM 0.1/15, 2 x Genelec 8020, Roland TD-30 Drums, Pearl Ref Acoustic Kit, Ludwig brass & Pearl Ref snares, Gibson LP Supreme, Fender Precision Bass

Postby MevDinc » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:37 pm

Indeed Shadorne!

I do so miss my system ever since I moved to Barcelona in May 2015!
It really wasn't practical to bring my massive ATC EL150s here.
Just as well as I'm now considering returning to England where I will defiantly find a way to be with my system again! :)

All the best.
Mev
Audirvana+3.0 - Mac Mini, Lindermann Musicbook 20 DSD, ATC EL 150ASL (with the ATC tweeter!)

Postby MattSPL » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:58 am

Hi Mev

What are you listening to music on these days?

Cheers
Matt
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Postby MevDinc » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:56 am

Thanks for asking Matt!

I'm mainly using a pair of headphones I bought soon after I arrived in Barcelona. Spent quite a bit of browsing the sites for reviews and noticed very quickly that it's a completely different world! And, so many makes and models and again very different technologies and price range too!

I do enjoy the process of searching and discovering what would satisfy me the most in terms of performance and price. I believe in value for money for long time satisfaction, our hobby can be very difficult to tame :)
As these were going to be my first serious headphones I was going to take my time but at the same time I wanted something reasonably quick so I could start listening to music!

To cut a long story short I ended up buying a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over Ear model. I'm no expert but I feel that Sennheiser sound is very similar to the ATC sound. A great all rounder, very balanced and honest sound. Very comfortable to wear, I used them for many hours a day both at home and outdoor. I do a lot of walking (such an easy and great city for walking Barcelona!).

Sorry for a rather long answer to a simple question but I thought it would be nice to share my experience and also hopefully hear what you people maybe using as headphones if any! :)
BTW, I have also been using TIDAL as my main source and it's great to be able to have your favourite music anywhere with you. I have also been discovering many different artists and a lof of great music. In another post I will try and share some of my discoveries!

Best wishes.
Mev
Audirvana+3.0 - Mac Mini, Lindermann Musicbook 20 DSD, ATC EL 150ASL (with the ATC tweeter!)

Postby MattSPL » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:22 am

Hi Mev

Good to hear your still getting to enjoy music :)
Your right about the headphone world being completely different to hifi. I presume you had a look over on the head-fi forum?

Are you using a phone or other device for listening?

Cheers
Matt
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Postby MevDinc » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi Matt,

To be honest I didn't look that much as I was in a hurry.
I had already more or less decided on Sennheiser and after reading a couple of very good reviews of the Momentum 2.0s I just bought them!

Nothing fancy I'm afraid, I just use my iPhone6 and my MacBook Air!
But I visit http://www.supersonido.es/ quite a bit to listen to some serious systems there.
And also I managed to listen to Mojo quite a bit with my headphones and iPhone! Very impressive indeed and almost good enough as part of a main system!
Not sure about the design and the adapter cables you need to hook it up with a phone make it awkward to place in a pocket!

Cheers.
Mev

Postby MattSPL » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:27 am

Hi Mev,

The iPhone has really impressed me with the quality of sound it produces. I had thought about an
External Dac or dedicated player, but really don't think there is any need.

The Mojo does look tempting, I'd like to hear it in my system also. As far as pockitability goes, I think you would need to stick it to the back of the phone somehow, or find a case they can both fit into.
There is a micro USB to lightning cable available on eBay which doesn't need the apple video adaptor to work with the Mojo, so it's nice and neat.

Also, if you want a very portable home system, try the Genelec 8010 monitors. These are really impressive for their size and cost, and could be fed direct from the iPhone.

Cheers
Matt

Postby Shadorne » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:35 pm

If you want something even smaller but equally good sound then the Shure IEM SE846 is amazing and ATC like in the way bass is well defined (not boomy) and the mid range is beautifully balanced while highs are delicate and naturally supportive of the overall sound.

I suspect they are the first IEM with proper hi-fi quality bass and for that reason alone they currently command a ridiculously high price.

Previous

Return to System setup pictures