My SCM11's

ATC & other manufacturers system pictures

My SCM11's

Postby chubbz » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Hello everyone.
I have just upgraded my small mastering suite with SCM11's
These are the best monitors I have ever worked on. The sound is so natural and tight and they translate to other speakers as nothing I have heard before.
That means less revisions and corrections. The last 2 albums have been spot on from version 1.
I love my "new" ATC's. I use a TacT/Lyngdorf SDA2175 amp to drive them from a TC Electronic BMC2 dac. Works wonderfully.

The studio still needs some acoustic treatment (I have it ready in boxes), but even though they are extremely good as it is now.

I am beginning to think about upgrading my DALI Epicon 2's in the livingroom to SCM40A or 50ASL.
Have anyone of you compared the two, and maybe can comment a little on the differences.

Thank you.

Re: My SCM11's

Postby linger63 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:57 pm

chubbz wrote:Hello everyone.
These are the best monitors I have ever worked on. The sound is so natural and tight and they translate to other speakers as nothing I have heard before.
That means less revisions and corrections. The last 2 albums have been spot on from version 1.
I love my "new" ATC's. I use a TacT/Lyngdorf SDA2175 amp to drive them from a TC Electronic BMC2 dac. Works wonderfully.

The studio still needs some acoustic treatment (I have it ready in boxes), but even though they are extremely good as it is now.

I am beginning to think about upgrading my DALI Epicon 2's in the livingroom to SCM40A or 50ASL.
Have anyone of you compared the two, and maybe can comment a little on the differences.

Thank you.

Hi chubbz,

Nice mastering suite ..........the SCM 11's tweeters are a little high though......ever had a listen to them upside down?

Maybe lower stands.........but then I guess the smaller ones will be in the way a bit.

Anyway.....with regards to your question and provided the room is big enough.........SCM 50ASL's all the way!!

Benefits include a 9" SL spec bass driver plus 'S' spec tweeter and dome mid.

More watts too...........Tweeter 50W.........Mid 100W.........Bass 200W.

Cheers

Postby MattSPL » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:09 pm

Very nice setup Chubbz :D
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Postby chubbz » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:29 pm

linger63 wrote:
chubbz wrote:Hello everyone.

Thank you.

Hi chubbz,

Nice mastering suite ..........the SCM 11's tweeters are a little high though......ever had a listen to them upside down?

Maybe lower stands.........but then I guess the smaller ones will be in the way a bit.

Anyway.....with regards to your question and provided the room is big enough.........SCM 50ASL's all the way!!

Benefits include a 9" SL spec bass driver plus 'S' spec tweeter and dome mid.

More watts too...........Tweeter 50W.........Mid 100W.........Bass 200W.

Cheers

Thank you for the reply.
Actually, me being a tall guy, the tweeters are in perfect height when I move a bit back in the sweetspot.
I actually tried them upside down, but the stereo image didn't work quite as well as with them standing as they do now.

Return to System setup pictures