Ps Audio Ac-12 power cable(US plug)

Hi-Fi & AV related products only

Ps Audio Ac-12 power cable(US plug)

Postby MattSPL » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:43 pm

Ps Audio Ac-12 power cable.

2m length, seriously heavy duty cable.

Please note US plug!!!

Withdrawn
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Re: Ps Audio Ac-12 power cable(US plug)

Postby studioman » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:16 pm

Hi Matt...
Do you use an adaptor of some kind with it?

Also, assuming you used it with your ATC actives, did it make a difference?
Cheers!
They say if you can remember the 60's, you weren't really there. Now somehow I have reached 62...oh shit, it's 63 now....How and when did THAT happen?....there's a lesson there somewhere if only I could figure it out...

Postby MattSPL » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:29 pm

Hi David,

I installed Isoclean US sockets at the front left and right of the room so I could plug both speakers, sub and Dac into them using US power cords.
I sold my sub a few months back with the intention of going dual DIY, but our second child is due the end of October, so any hifi plans are on hold.

I find upgrade fuses and power cables make a bigger difference than speaker cable or interconnects, but 50% of Audiophiles think it's nonsense.
Going the US cable route eleminates the need for a plug fuse and reduces the number of junctions in the electrical supply, so has to be good for the amps etc. The only reason there's a plug fuse is to protect the cable if it's a small gauge connected to a 20 or 32A circuit.

Cheers
Matt
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Postby studioman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:11 am

Thanks, Matt. I'll look into those US wall plates.
They say if you can remember the 60's, you weren't really there. Now somehow I have reached 62...oh shit, it's 63 now....How and when did THAT happen?....there's a lesson there somewhere if only I could figure it out...

Postby MattSPL » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:14 pm

studioman wrote:Thanks, Matt. I'll look into those US wall plates.

Hi David, I've a couple of these http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/isoclean2/wall.html

Mine have chrome plates. One is the same as in the review, a typical US vertical plug arrangement of the 2 sockets, the other is a direct replacement size for a UK double socket outlet and fits the wall box etc.

Cheers
Matt

Postby studioman » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:42 pm

Do you think there's any chance of reterminating, DIY style, to U.K. 3 pin? I've been looking at adaptors too...

Postby MattSPL » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:32 pm

studioman wrote:Do you think there's any chance of reterminating, DIY style, to U.K. 3 pin? I've been looking at adaptors too...

Hi David,

I have a couple of adaptors I used initially, with the addition of hifi tuning fuses. There was still very notable gains this route.
Another option would be to buy some sort of US extension lead and terminate with a UK plug.

What model are your ps audio cables? The larger cables would be too large to use even a heavy duty U.K. plug, even the smaller cables might be too large.

One idea that did cross my mind is to run a dedicated 6sq cable to the Hifi and put a cooker switch on the end of it, then chop the plug off the PS Audio cable and terminate into the cooker switch. This would give definite gains.
A simpler route to do this would be UK plug terminated with 2.5sq cable terminated into a cooker switch, like an extension lead of sorts, or hard wire the 2.5 into a nearby socket for better results. It all depends how far your willing to go.

Cheers
Matt

Postby studioman » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:31 am

Hi Matt, I know mine are the older SC type, but not sure which model.
I have found some US to UK adaptors which may be useful, otherwise I may go down the route of installing a couple of US sockets too.

Postby MattSPL » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi David

I have the Premier sc cables on my speakers. Had the Ac 12 on my sub, but have since sold the sub.

The Isoclean US socket that is a direct fit for a U.K. socket is the ICP-002S it's the gold one of the 3 pictured together in the link http://www.isocleanpower.com/product_23.htm I've the chrome version

Return to Private Classifieds