How to post pictures on the forum

ATC & other makes of Hi-Fi equipment

How to post pictures on the forum

Postby MattSPL » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:14 pm

This is Almaatakz's original Thread on posting pics that i have pasted here also. Ive added some info underneath and feel free to add to the thread.

A lot of people ask how to post pics on the forum. Here is how to do it using flickr:

uplaod to flickr (any size)
in flickr go to the pic and in the 'actions' menu go to 'all sizes'. choose a size with max 500 or 600 pixles
right click on 'download ...' and then choose 'properties' - a window will open and you can see the path to the pic
select and copy it
then in your forum post window, click on 'img' and paste the picture link between the code
done

Others can add a tutorial for other image-sharing resources.

This below is mostly repeating what Almaatakz has already said above, but thought id try and help also.
Firstly you need to join an image hosting site such as Flicker so you can upload your images to the internet.

Using flicker as an example, you then click upload.

Select 'Choose photos and videos' and then find the images you wish to upload from their particular file on your computer or camera.

Once you have followed the step by step instructions on your image hosting site, you should now have all your required images stored in your photo stream.

*EDIT* You must make sure your saved images on Flicker are visible to the public and not set on private or friends only *EDIT*

You now need to resize the image to suit the forum. 640x480 is what i usually use.

To do this on Flicker, once you have your selected image on the screen, click 'Actions near the top left and choose 'View all sizes' from the list. Select 640x480.

Now when the new resized image appears on the screen, right click your mouse and choose 'Copy image URL'.

Now back to ATC forums and into the Thread you wish to post your image in. You will see above the box you type your text(post) into there is a line of grey boxes with commands you can click on.
Click 'Img' and then right click your mouse again to paste your image URL link in between the 2 Img's in your text box.

Your now ready to repeat the procedure for any additional images, or type any text you wish to add to your post.

Then click Submit and your done.

Let me know if this helps :)

Cheers
Matt
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Re: How to post pictures on the forum

Postby BenL » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Can I recommend Photobucket as an exceptionally straightforward way to post photos on the forum?

- Joining very straightforward and quick and you don't need other accounts like on Flickr.

- When you're logged in simply click 'upload images'. You can choose to create an album to upload to if you want but don't have to.

- This will take you into 'your computer'. You can upload multiple photos by holding down control when selecting them. Just select them and press 'open' to upload.

- Once uploaded simply click on a photo.

- Next to the photo are 4 ways to share. Just highlight and copy the 'IMG Code'. Then just paste that code into your post on the forum. Done :D

- If you're in an album, the links to share simply appear by hovering over each photo.

- There are very easy to use editing (cropping and resizing amongst others) options but I've always found uploaded photos to be an ideal size on the forum.
HiFi: Sonos & Primare -> ATC SCM40

AV: Pioneer 428XD / Onkyo SC886 -> Primare A30.5 -> ATC SCM11s, ATC C3C, Q7000 LR, ATC C2 sub

Postby Flatovercrest » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:44 pm

Thank`s for the info. I have been trying to suss it out and put up the photo`s of my small listening room (9 x 9') I will try now. Image
Alex.

ATC SCM50ASL`s, ATC SCA2 Preamp, Aune CD Pro transport kit, DDDAC 16 stack Dac, Lots of room treatment.

Postby Flatovercrest » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:45 pm

OOp`s what went wrong ?
Alex.

ATC SCM50ASL`s, ATC SCA2 Preamp, Aune CD Pro transport kit, DDDAC 16 stack Dac, Lots of room treatment.

Postby BenL » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:00 pm

You appear to be missing an opening square bracket at the end, like this: [/img] Hopefully that will sort it :)

AV: Pioneer 428XD / Onkyo SC886 -> Primare A30.5 -> ATC SCM11s, ATC C3C, Q7000 LR, ATC C2 sub

Postby MattSPL » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:09 pm

Thanks for spotting the missing bracket Ben. I just edited the post, but as you can see the image is tiny.

Alex, if you can change your image size we should be able to get them up :)
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Postby BenL » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:16 pm

:cry: Life's never easy! Not sure why any photo would come out that small. Hopefully resizing will solve without reduced quality :)

Postby MattSPL » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:23 pm

I just saved the image and uploaded to flicker but i cant enlarge it :cry:

Postby BenL » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Ball back in Alex's court ;)

Postby Flatovercrest » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:27 pm

I will have another play tonight if I get home early enough :!:
Alex.

Postby spungey » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Rega P25, CD63KISig, Pioneer 757 Ai, Bryston BP25MC, ATC SPA2-150, ATC SCM20SL, Chord Anthems, RA Crystal 24

Return to Hi-Fi