ATC CA2 Mk1 Phono stage

ATC & other makes of Hi-Fi equipment
Taihuus

ATC CA2 Mk1 Phono stage

Postby Taihuus » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:07 am

Hi guys

Does any one have any experiance with the CA2 mk1's add on phono board. ATC have confirmed its available still at £340.00. I know this is difficult to describe without reference to cartridge T/T and arm etc but what does it sound like? Also I am aware it has adjustments to sensitivity and some loading changes but I cannot find anywhere what its capacitance loadings for mm and mc is.
Can any one out there enlighton me.

Regards

Taihuus

:?

Taihuus

Re: ATC CA2 Mk1 Phono stage

Postby Taihuus » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:05 am

Hi

Thanks to the help of Rick@musicraft the phono stage is on its way and its a lot cheaper than ATC told me.
Rick your a real gent......Thankyou :D :lol: :lol:

Taihuus

Postby MattSPL » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:05 am

Is this a DIY fit?

Let us know how it goes :)

Cheers
Matt
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Taihuus

Postby Taihuus » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:33 pm

Hi Matt yes it will be a D.I.Y. fit. I have done similar things before and should it be beyond me I have a engineer friend who will advise me.

i will let you know how it goes.

Taihuus

Taihuus

Postby Taihuus » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:52 pm

hi guys

The phono stage has now arrived :D
Though I can know see why its a standard fitment in the CS2 mk2, its a very tight fit and a bugger to solder in place :roll: . Though its now in and works okay. Im not sure yet if I have the settings correct as it seems a bit loud for the volume control setting, so I will have to re read the manual and remove the lid again and play.

Sound quality seems very good with a pile driving bass line and currently I am only using a m.m. Goldring 1042. Oh lots to do and play with. :D :lol: :ugeek:

Taihuus

Postby MattSPL » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Taihuus wrote:hi guys

The phono stage has now arrived :D
Though I can know see why its a standard fitment in the CS2 mk2, its a very tight fit and a bugger to solder in place :roll: . Though its now in and works okay. Im not sure yet if I have the settings correct as it seems a bit loud for the volume control setting, so I will have to re read the manual and remove the lid again and play.

Sound quality seems very good with a pile driving bass line and currently I am only using a m.m. Goldring 1042. Oh lots to do and play with. :D :lol: :ugeek:

Taihuus

Sounds good Taihuus :)
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Postby BenL » Wed May 07, 2014 11:03 pm

Sounds good, nice one :) I would be intrigued to see some pics if you open it up again :)
HiFi: Sonos & Primare -> ATC SCM40

AV: Pioneer 428XD / Onkyo SC886 -> Primare A30.5 -> ATC SCM11s, ATC C3C, Q7000 LR, ATC C2 sub

Postby Taihuus » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:09 pm

Hi

For those interested ATC have confirmed to me the Capacitance loading on MM is 500 pf.

This has proved to be a bit high for all my MM cartridges so I use a Tricord Dino now. However with Ortofon MC cartridges it works a treat.

Taihuus

Postby MattSPL » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:46 am

Taihuus wrote:Hi

For those interested ATC have confirmed to me the Capacitance loading on MM is 500 pf.

This has proved to be a bit high for all my MM cartridges so I use a Tricord Dino now. However with Ortofon MC cartridges it works a treat.

Taihuus

Thanks for the info :)

Postby Stidge » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:14 am

So it seems that the CA2 Mk1 phono stage works well but does anyone have any experience of the CA2 Mk2?

I am looking to get back into vinyl again so need a pre-amp to support this. I currently run my Hugo directly into my active 50s. Obviously i would like an SCA2 but can't run to that but given the CA2 has a built in phono stage I was wondering if this would make a good alternative? It would be a lot easier than going with a line stage pre-amp and a separate phono stage and it is made by ATC so should work well with the actives

Any thoughts gratefully received and thanks for reading

Thanks

Steve
Sonos/MacBook Pro > Chord Hugo > SCM50ASLT

Postby MattSPL » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:02 am

Hi Steve,

I used to run a CA2 MKI into SCM50asl's. I found it a nice preamp, but bought a Dac/pre and sold the CA2.

Cheers
Matt

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:02 am.

Return to Hi-Fi