ATC SCA2 RCA output for a subwoofer?

ATC & other makes of Hi-Fi equipment

ATC SCA2 RCA output for a subwoofer?

Postby studioman » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:15 pm

Just wondering....

The SCA2 has 2 sets of output sockets.
One set of balanced XLRs and one set of single-ended RCAs.

Can they both be used at the same time as follows:
The XLR outputs>balanced leads>ATC active speakers
The RCA outputs>phono leads>subwoofer

I guess they would need to be separately buffered to do it?

There's nothing in the manual about this....
They say if you can remember the 60's, you weren't really there. Now somehow I have reached 63...oh shit, it's 64 now....How and when did THAT happen?....there's a lesson there somewhere if only I could figure it out...

Re: ATC SCA2 RCA output for a subwoofer?

Postby ledcam » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:52 pm

That's how ours is set up.
dCS Rossini dac and clock : Audiocom Signature Oppo 103 : ATC SCA2 : ATC 100SE: Paradigm 2000 Sub: Some Vertex boxes and platforms.

Postby studioman » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:27 pm

ledcam wrote:That's how ours is set up.

Fantastic. That's good news. Thank you.
I presume you've tried it both with and without the subwoofer load connected and are sure it doesn't change the response of your 100s to the SCA2?
(ie that haveing both connected doesn't interfere with the 'grip' that the SCA2 has on the speakers?)
Thank you, David
They say if you can remember the 60's, you weren't really there. Now somehow I have reached 63...oh shit, it's 64 now....How and when did THAT happen?....there's a lesson there somewhere if only I could figure it out...

Postby ledcam » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:00 pm

The SCA2 and 100's were in place before the sub arrived. I honestly am unaware of any detriment to the sound in hooking up the sub other than observing it does what it is supposed to do. I certainly wouldn't remove it from the set up.
dCS Rossini dac and clock : Audiocom Signature Oppo 103 : ATC SCA2 : ATC 100SE: Paradigm 2000 Sub: Some Vertex boxes and platforms.

Postby studioman » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:28 pm

ledcam wrote:The SCA2 and 100's were in place before the sub arrived. I honestly am unaware of any detriment to the sound in hooking up the sub other than observing it does what it is supposed to do. I certainly wouldn't remove it from the set up.

Fantastic.That's great news. I'll be trying it soon!
Best regards, David

Postby ledcam » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:26 pm

Keen to hear your thoughts!

Return to Hi-Fi