Differences between P1 and P1 pro

ATC & other makes of Hi-Fi equipment

Differences between P1 and P1 pro

Postby willK » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:29 am

Hi,
I recently acquired SCM19 v2 speakers and am looking for a matching power amplifier. I would probably go with a "proven" solution - ATC's own P1, but I cannot find any online shop selling P1 in the US. On the other hand, I can find a few pro audio retailers who sell P1 pro. The information on ATC website implies the differences between P1 and P1 pro are front panel, standby button (instead of remote), etc. Are they really the only differences? In other words, are they identical in terms of audio circuits, components, and sound quality? Best,

William

Re: Differences between P1 and P1 pro

Postby saureign » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:05 pm

I think that the differences lies only in cosmetic, plus button on/off.
ATC CDA2 mk2 / Van den Hul [The Dwarf, Mainsstream, Mainsserver & The Mountain] / ATC SCM40A
past: CA2 mk2 / CDA2 / P1 / P2 / scm11 / scm19 / scm20 / scm10se

Postby Muser » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:33 pm

William:
Try contacting either Brad Lunde on this forum - he's the US importer or check out his web page: www.lonemountainaudio.com.

Alternately, Rutherford audio, has been engaged as the sales agent for ATC in the US.
ATC SCM20-2A, Pass Labs XP-12 preamp, Amazon Model 2 tt, Moerch DP6 arm and Dynavector XX2MkII cartridge, Oppo 105, Prism Sound Callia DAC, Kubala Sosna Expression cabling. Two 15" Acoustic Elegance subwoofers, powered by QSC RMX 2450 amplifier w/ minidsp equalization.

Postby Brad Lunde » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:36 pm

willK wrote:Hi,
I recently acquired SCM19 v2 speakers and am looking for a matching power amplifier. I would probably go with a "proven" solution - ATC's own P1, but I cannot find any online shop selling P1 in the US. On the other hand, I can find a few pro audio retailers who sell P1 pro. The information on ATC website implies the differences between P1 and P1 pro are front panel, standby button (instead of remote), etc. Are they really the only differences? In other words, are they identical in terms of audio circuits, components, and sound quality? Best,

William

William
Cosmetics, rack handles, and front panel on off button instead of remote are the differences. Inside the same circuits. Brad
Brad Lunde
Lone Mountain Audio, part of TransAudio Group
ATC Importers USA

Return to Hi-Fi