iPhone (Media Control) and Oppo

Music from PC, iPOD, MP3 etc

iPhone (Media Control) and Oppo

Postby Muser » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:57 pm

Probably a really dumb question.

I have an Oppo BDP105, an iPhone with the Oppo Media Control app loaded on my iPhone.
And, I have a ton of music on a hard drive on a computer networked with the Oppo.
All of the music was ripped from my own CDs.

I can access and play all of those files with my Oppo's remote. However, the Oppo is a poor solution as it
makes me scroll one song/folder at a time, so I have to scroll from say, Abba, Bob Dylan, (The) Carpenters,
before I can access a Devo song/album.

Media Control sees my hard drive and network and I can scroll through all of my folders. Problem. I cannot play any of my files
back with my iPhone using Media Control (the iPhone app).

I'm assuming this is a "authorization" issue, either with iTunes or . . . somewhere in the iPhone.

What do I need to do to create permission to play my music?

In advance, thanks,

Larry
ATC SCM20-2A, Onkyo 885(a) preamp processor, Pass Labs XP-10 preamp, Amazon Model 2 tt, Moerch DP6 arm and Dynavector XX2MkII cartridge, Oppo 105, LampizatOr Euforia DSD DAC, Kubala Sosna Expression cabling. Two 15" Acoustic Elegance subwoofers, powered by QSC RMX 2450 amplifier w/ minidsp equalization.

Re: iPhone (Media Control) and Oppo

Postby MevDinc » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:18 pm

Hi Larry,

Unfortunately, I have no experience with Oppo or its iPhone app.
But, if you are able to browse the library then you should be able to play the files from it.
I assume you are connecting with your iPhone app to your Oppo player.
It generally helps if you update your firmware in your Oppo and also get the latest version of the iPhone app.
Maybe you can post a couple of screens from the app so that we can see if there's anything obvious that we could see and suggest.
Sorry I couldn'T help more!

Best.
Mev
Audirvana+3.0 - Mac Mini, Lindermann Musicbook 20 DSD, ATC EL 150ASL (with the ATC tweeter!)

Postby Muser » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Mev

Thanks.

I can browse the library with my iPhone and Media Center app, including the ability to "jump" directly to a track rather than having to scroll for minutes at a time. It literally took me about ten minutes to scroll from "A" to "Little Feat" (I have quite a few songs stuck in one folder).

I will check, but I had the most current as of a month ago.

I'll see if I can do a screen capture and post here.

Larry
ATC SCM20-2A, Onkyo 885(a) preamp processor, Pass Labs XP-10 preamp, Amazon Model 2 tt, Moerch DP6 arm and Dynavector XX2MkII cartridge, Oppo 105, LampizatOr Euforia DSD DAC, Kubala Sosna Expression cabling. Two 15" Acoustic Elegance subwoofers, powered by QSC RMX 2450 amplifier w/ minidsp equalization.

Postby Muser » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:25 pm

Mev:
Not sure what happened, but last night, it worked.

For clarity, there is a "Remote Control" app for the iPhone and Oppo. This app simply recreates the Oppo's remote control on my phone.

There is also a "Media Control" app, this allows me to recreate the Oppo remote on my iPhone, but also provides a screen
to see all of my music on my computer. This app was not functioning.

I tried using the Remote Control app first, it worked. I then tried the Media Control app and it worked. I'm wondering if somehow
using the Remote Control app initiated something that allowed Media Control to function.

In any event, I'm in business.

Thanks again,

Larry

Postby MevDinc » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Great!
Audirvana+3.0 - Mac Mini, Lindermann Musicbook 20 DSD, ATC EL 150ASL (with the ATC tweeter!)

Return to Computer Audio