ATC remote control problem. Help please!

ATC & other manufacturers design parameters, technical queries etc

ATC remote control problem. Help please!

Postby studioman » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:42 pm

I have had an SCA2 preamp for quite a long time, and have used it with one of the original plastic remote controls.
I have recently bought the superbly constructed ATC aluminium remote, but I find it more difficult to use.
The reason is that my 'hot seat' for best listening is a metre or so away from my hifi rack but the rack is to the side of me.
So I am not actually facing the rack when I need to use the remote.
And it does not seem to work unless you have 'line of sight' operation.
I would appreciate any help or comments on this issue, please!
They say if you can remember the 60's, you weren't really there. Now somehow I have reached 63...oh shit, it's 64 now....How and when did THAT happen?....there's a lesson there somewhere if only I could figure it out...

Re: ATC remote control problem. Help please!

Postby MattSPL » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:41 pm

studioman wrote:I have had an SCA2 preamp for quite a long time, and have used it with one of the original plastic remote controls.
I have recently bought the superbly constructed ATC aluminium remote, but I find it more difficult to use.
The reason is that my 'hot seat' for best listening is a metre or so away from my hifi rack but the rack is to the side of me.
So I am not actually facing the rack when I need to use the remote.
And it does not seem to work unless you have 'line of sight' operation.
I would appreciate any help or comments on this issue, please!

Hi David,

I have had the same experience with a metal remote control for my Dac. I’m not sure if the problem lies in the remote being metal as there was no plastic alternative.
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > 2 x DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Return to Technical area