ATC SCM 110 ASL earlier serial # question

ATC & other manufacturers design parameters, technical queries etc

ATC SCM 110 ASL earlier serial # question

Postby Channel » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:27 am

Hey there,

I'm looking at picking up some second hand ATC SCM110ASL Pros
They are early serial #'s (24/25) and out of warranty

I am wondering if there is anything I should be aware of e.g. regarding whether they will have different drivers (e.g. tweeters) to the current models or potentially deserve any upgrades of any parts?

Thanks

Re: ATC SCM 110 ASL earlier serial # question

Postby MattSPL » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:55 pm

Hi Channel,

The new ATC tweeter could be fitted to these, but it seems this has to be done at the factory or by a technician trained in re calibrating the speakers after the install.

Cheers
Matt
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Postby Channel » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:39 pm

Cool, good to know.
Any ideas on the cost of replacement / upgrade tweeters?

Postby MattSPL » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:12 am

Channel wrote:Cool, good to know.
Any ideas on the cost of replacement / upgrade tweeters?

I have heard £600 mentioned, but can't say for sure.
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Postby studioman » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:04 pm

I think the quote I had for the new silver wired tweeters was £235 each. Probably plus VAT of course, but I'm not sure....
They say if you can remember the 60's, you weren't really there. Now somehow I have reached 62...oh shit, it's 63 now, ...How and when did THAT happen?....there's a lesson there somewhere if only I could figure it out...

Postby Brad Lunde » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:48 pm

studioman wrote:I think the quote I had for the new silver wired tweeters was £235 each. Probably plus VAT of course, but I'm not sure....

ATC is working on factory prices for upgrade services, and should announce them shortly. Things have changed as they will not just sell tweeters. As they worked through various practice installs and factory installs fo the new tweeters, they realize what is needed is a complete package. They will begin with SEAS equipped systems (post 2001/2002) and the "at the factory" upgrade package will include two new ATC tweeters plus System Calibration and some other services. Outside the factory is not completely sorted yet, as they need to sort basic travel times, remote measurement, portable measurement systems, etc.

We are working to have a mirror of what ATC will do, with one upgrade service package at Transaudio and a different priced Upgrade Service in the field which includes some travel time and on site series for pro studios. I imagine the field upgrade will be significantly more expensive due to a lot more (non parts) expenses.

Brad
Brad Lunde
Lone Mountain Audio, part of TransAudio Group
ATC Importers USA

Postby Channel » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:02 am

Thanks for that Brad,

You are a wealth of information! :)

Not such good news for people in the more remote parts of the planet though aye :(

Return to Technical area