Travels to NZ

Share your holiday experiences & pics

Travels to NZ

Postby emgee » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Thought some of you may find these a laff?! taken in 2005-Oops! 2004! when me n Gill went to NZ for a month long holiday (Gill grew up there so it was good to have a guide!) The mad looking party games was Mapua's attempt at getting the 'World's Biggest games' into the Guinness Book of Records-sadly they never managed it, apparently all items had to be to scale; which would have meant some of them being too huge!! anyway, here you go-; oh, I particularly like the catalogue pose that me and Gill are doing on top of the Franz Josef glacier on South Island! :lol:
We also attended a working Maori Village and I was selected as our 'Tribal Chief' (singled out more like!-nearly got eaten by the big guy at the front of this line up!)

I'll dig out some more when I have time-all pics were taken on film! :o :lol:
Last edited by emgee on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheers
Mark

Re: Travels to NZ

Postby benny39 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:38 pm

Great pictures Mark :) looks loads a fun, would like to see more when you have time ;) ...thank's

Benny.
pioneer pdp5090. vsxlx70. bdplx71. ATC scm50asl classic, ATC C4 sub, Antelope Audio zodiac gold/voltikus,Purepower 1050i, Apple ipad + mac-mini, Sennhieser hd25, Harmony 1100 remote, WW supernova 6 optical, Van Damme xl-r. WW stratus 52, Iomega 2tb's hard drives, Granite plinths,WW starlight USB.

Postby BenL » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:51 pm

emgee wrote:We also attended a working Maori Village and I was selected as our 'Tribal Chief'

Sorry, which one's you Mark :?:

Nice pics, thanks :D
HiFi: Sonos & Primare -> ATC SCM40

AV: Pioneer 428XD / Onkyo SC886 -> Primare A30.5 -> ATC SCM11s, ATC C3C, Q7000 LR, ATC C2 sub

Postby emgee » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:54 pm

BenL wrote:
emgee wrote:We also attended a working Maori Village and I was selected as our 'Tribal Chief'

I'm not in this pic-thankfully we didn't have to get tattooed! the guy 2nd from right is the main man who did the full on Haka at me! I'll look for the pics of me later, :)

cheers
Mark

Postby emgee » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Scanned a few more pics;
This was our home for the month-we (read: Me!) nearly gassed ourselves one night as I'd left the grill on and NZ bottle gas smells like mouldy air conditioning; needless to say we had huge headaches the following morning (slept with doors and windows open as we couldn't find out where the awful smell was coming from! :roll:

Taking a well earned dip in a natural thermal hot pool!

We did a few big walks into the bush; this one along a dry river bed was a great day :)

Beautiful Napier on the east coast of the North Island, the finest Art Deco city 8-)

More World's Biggest Games-another angle on the darts-you can make out the guy on the platform on the right 'wire guiding ' the dart to the board! and 'Table Football'

More later..
Last edited by emgee on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheers
Mark

Postby BenL » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:28 pm

emgee wrote:
BenL wrote:

I'm not in this pic-thankfully we didn't have to get tattooed! the guy 2nd from right is the main man who did the full on Haka at me! I'll look for the pics of me later, :)

Only kidding, I didn't think the first picture quite matched you in the glacier :lol:

Great pics (giant games look bizarre ;) ), NZ is definitely on my list :) but won't be able to afford it for many years.
HiFi: Sonos & Primare -> ATC SCM40

AV: Pioneer 428XD / Onkyo SC886 -> Primare A30.5 -> ATC SCM11s, ATC C3C, Q7000 LR, ATC C2 sub

Postby MattSPL » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Nice pictures Mark :D

It looks like a great place to visit.

Ive an Uncle in Tasmania, so hope to visit that end of the world one day.

Cheers
Matt
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Return to Travel