ATC SCM100SE new model

ATC & other latest product news

Re: ATC SCM100SE new model

Postby MevDinc » Tue May 19, 2015 6:10 pm

That was my experience when I upgraded from the standard 100ASLs to my EL 150As!
I'm sure I will get further improvement with the new super tweeter but it's been ages! :(
Audirvana+3.0 - Mac Mini, Lindermann Musicbook 20 DSD, ATC EL 150ASL (with the ATC tweeter!)

Postby Shadorne » Wed May 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Dogill wrote:I was lucky to have a chat with Ben Lilly in Munich :)
He confirmed that the SE models have a laminated cabinet unlike normal models, this together with the curved shape explains the improvements heard.
He also said there would be 50 and 150 SE models .

Great that you enjoy them so much and got to chat with Ben.

The cabinet may affect some resonances. For a while ATC used aluminium cabinets. Genelec still do. As with everything it is always a balance. Rigid is good but they also need to be heavily damped and the two requirements run counter to each other. Rigidity is a remarkable thing, my Pearl Ref drum set is noticeably louder than other sets and I believe the construction has everything to do with it. Just look at all the various snares out there - each has a timbre and each has a different behaviour...
"ATC. Always The Champion. I will not record without them. The best studio monitors. Period." ~ Lenny Kravitz

Benchmark DAC3, 2 x ATC SCM EL150ASL, 1 ATC SCM 0.1/15, 2 x Genelec 8020, Roland TD-30 Drums, Pearl Ref Acoustic Kit, Ludwig brass & Pearl Ref snares, Gibson LP Supreme, Fender Precision Bass

Postby Dogill » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:38 pm

One year on, these beauties have really come to life - the tweeter definitely takes some time to reveal its ultimate sweetness.

Just listening to the incredible mix on Rory Gallagher's King of Zydeco - you couldn't wish for anything better !
Ripnas SSD, Weiss MAN301 + DAC-B, ATC100SE

Postby ledcam » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:58 am

We're six months into our journey with the 100SEs and agree they just get better so pretty excited to read your comments of further improvements to be had Dogill.

We've changed the front end quite a bit as we had an unhappy experience with Auralic Aries and Vega. Thanks here must go in great measure to Gary and the rest of the team at Audio Emotion for skill and knowledge in coming up with a solution which is a sonic delight and takes our system onto another level.

For the first time we have introduced Vertex electronics into the mix and heartily agree with Gary's belief that there is something very special indeed when the ATCs get to work with Vertex. As with the SEs the rest of the kit will continue to bed down and we're sitting back and enjoying the flow! :D
dCS Rossini dac and clock : Audiocom Signature Oppo 103 : ATC SCA2 : ATC 100SE: Paradigm Sub 2 : Some Vertex boxes.

Previous

Return to Latest news