Musicraft wrote:Hi Matt

If you do decide to watch MI4 then ask Tom Cruise to pay all expenses :mrgreen:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Rick

:lol: I'll do my best.

Cheers
Matt
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Re: What are you currently watching?

Postby BenL » Wed May 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Musicraft wrote:Mission Impossible 4 - Ghost Protocol

I watched MI4 on Blu Ray recently and what a disappoint it turned out to be :( I thought the story was poor, poor action scenes and the lack of, poor and muted sound quality, blatant advertising of BMW and Tom Cruise has this fascination of showing him 'running' :? (which i think began with the film The Firm).

If i ever get to meet Tom Cruise i am going to ask him for a refund :D

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Apparently this is why Tom Cruise runs in every movie:

HiFi: Sonos & Primare -> ATC SCM40

AV: Pioneer 428XD / Onkyo SC886 -> Primare A30.5 -> ATC SCM11s, ATC C3C, Q7000 LR, ATC C2 sub

Postby MattSPL » Wed May 23, 2012 2:46 pm

:lol:
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Postby Shadorne » Fri May 25, 2012 6:26 am

Queen Rock Montreal & Live Aid. Blu-ray.

fantastic sound! no clipping and no audio compression - the sound is astonishing, Freddie's piano is as realistic as I have ever heard. It was shot in film so it is a little grainy in the dark but the picture quality exceeds all expectations, incredibly detailed and sharp.

Shot in 1981, Queen were at their peak performance and play very tight. This is better than Queen at Wembley. drumming fans will appreciate a rock solid performance by Roger Taylor - like Stan Lynch, he plays for the song and sings great harmony vocals.

As a bonus you get Queen Live Aid performance which is widely regarded as the ultimate stadium arena rock performance ever caught on camera of any band in the history of rock/pop.

BTW - Brian May endorsed PMC speakers which used ATC mid range at that time. I think volt now make PMC "ATC clone" midranges - at least on the very highest end PMCs. Anyway PMC are well respected and make great studio gear.
"ATC. Always The Champion. I will not record without them. The best studio monitors. Period." ~ Lenny Kravitz

Benchmark DAC3, 2 x ATC SCM EL150ASL, 1 ATC SCM 0.1/15, 2 x Genelec 8020, Roland TD-30 Drums, Pearl Ref Acoustic Kit, Ludwig brass & Pearl Ref snares, Gibson LP Supreme, Fender Precision Bass

Postby Theogenes » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:28 am

Just finished watching Coriolanus, the version directed by Ralph Fiennes. Worth watching, although a few of the earlier scenes in the movie seem a bit forced (attempting to set Shakespeare in such a dramatically different time will always be difficult, but the latter half of the movie seemed to do it better, IMO).

Oddly, I found myself thinking throughout that while Fiennes did a solid job playing Martius, I felt like they could have found someone a bit better for the role... I kept thinking of Liam Neeson, although a few other names came to mind as well. The other characters were all pretty exceptionally well cast and did fantastically well.

Overall, not bad! But not nearly as good as Taymor's Titus ;)
[Stereo]: Rega P3-24 (modded) / Yulong D100 > Wyred4Sound STP SE > ATC SCM 10-2As

[HT]: Onkyo SR805 > Wyred4Sound SX 500s (L/R only) > Onix Reference 1s (L/R), Onix RSC200, Onix RS450s

[Bedroom]: Galaxy Nexus > Denon AVR1312 > ATC SCM7s

Unabashed music lover and gear whore!

Postby emgee » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Solomon Kane- Crackin film! 8-)
cheers
Mark

Postby Shadorne » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:40 am

This is pretty impressive. I thought Queen Wembly Live Aid was impressive but these primitive three chord rockers definitely still have what it takes to ROCK! Pentatonic heaven! :lol:

Incidentally, the bass bins used by ACDC in the 70's all had ATC drivers!!!!!
Last edited by Shadorne on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"ATC. Always The Champion. I will not record without them. The best studio monitors. Period." ~ Lenny Kravitz

Benchmark DAC3, 2 x ATC SCM EL150ASL, 1 ATC SCM 0.1/15, 2 x Genelec 8020, Roland TD-30 Drums, Pearl Ref Acoustic Kit, Ludwig brass & Pearl Ref snares, Gibson LP Supreme, Fender Precision Bass

Postby emgee » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:38 am

Excellent! :D Angus can still lick that SG! :twisted:
cheers
Mark

Postby Shadorne » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Watched this last night on blu-ray - excellent video quality and great sound. If you ever saw an episode of the David Letterman show then you will recognize another well known Canadian musician.

Randy plays a '57 Gold Top Gibson Les Paul with Bigsby as well as a '59 Sun Burst Gibson Les Paul. These are not originals of course, as Randy's originals are worth millions and one is in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of fame - Randy's original '59 was obtained while he was touring with The Guess Who. A kid walked up on stage and traded Randy for his inherited '59 Les Paul from his dad for Randy's Moser. Randy could not believe it and warned the kid that the trade wasn't fair at all. In the end Randy also gave him all the money he had...$72 and change.

Rocking out - and whatever happened to that awesome "cowbell" effect that hardly anyone uses today? Well here it is and used to great effect!

absolutely awesome "vintage" sound and they can still rock hard!

Postby Shadorne » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:18 am

I think I posted already about this Blu-ray concert of AC-DC in Buenos Aires but I had to post another clip. The crowd is insane and the sound & video quality are excellent.

Postby emgee » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Bloomin excellent! ta :D 8-) 8-)
cheers
Mark

Postby Brad Lunde » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:01 am

Check out Wreck it Ralph- mixed on ATC 100s.
Brad Lunde
Lone Mountain Audio, part of TransAudio Group
ATC Importers USA

Postby Shadorne » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Brad Lunde wrote:Check out Wreck it Ralph- mixed on ATC 100s.

I watched the trailer - I'll definitely get the blu-ray when this comes out.

If any of you know anything or remember anything about these arcade games - Williams Stargate/Defender was the one that was super difficult. I never got more than half a million on one quarter - which is about half an hour of game play - and I believe the game was new at that time and had been set on easy.

This player is incredibly good - playing the game on the hardest setting at which I probably could not get more than 25,000 on one quarter which is about 2 minutes of play.

Postby Shadorne » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:57 am

I watched about half of Sound City on Blu-ray tonight.

Fantastic. If you are a Gear head and love classic albums then you will this movie is for you.

Plenty of fun anecdotal stories about how some great music was generated.

I saw Barefoot MM27, Yamaha NS10, Genelec 1031, Westlake's (or Augspurger), KRK....

Postby Shadorne » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:05 am

I watched the other half of Sound City last night and if you are interested in music then this is a fantastic movie. The drum sound from Sound City is responsible for some amazing sounding albums.

Rick Springfield (ATC User), Tom Petty (ATC User), Butch Vig (Barefoot MM27 user), Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, George Harrision, Jim Keltner, Taylor Hawkins, David Grohl and Nirvanna, Mick Fleetwood, John Fogerty, Trent Reznor, Neil Young and countless other artists appear in the movie.

One Hot Minute was recorded at Sound City (Here is a list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_City_Studios)

PreviousNext

Return to Home cinema