ATC scm7s & 11s on-wall monitors

ATC & other makes of Home Cinema equipment

Re: ATC scm7s & 11s on-wall monitors

Postby Muser » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:51 am

Ben:

Thanks for the comments. Good to hear you think the C1C is remarkable value. I think all ATC are, unless you're looking for a big box. My brother-in-law now has my SCM7s and he loves what they put out in a small box. I, on the other hand seem to want to have "what I want" whether I could and more importantly should afford. There's a C5AC on ebay right now for $3,500. Making it even more tempting is that it matches the art deco look of my speakers. I could buy it on loan, but I've played that stupid game a few times too many. So I'll wait. Most of my work gets paid when the Court says I can get paid, and sometimes that literally takes years. With that perhaps you can imagine why I've dipped into non-cash purchases.

Thanks again for your input. :D

Larry
ATC SCM20-2A, Onkyo 885(a) preamp processor, YBA 1 Alpha preamp, Amazon Model 2 tt, Moerch DP6 arm and Dynavector XX2MkII cartridge, Oppo 105, Twisted Pear Audio Buffalo 32S DAC (balanced out) Kubala Sosna Expression cabling. Two 15" Acoustic Elegance subwoofers, powered by QSC RMX 2450 amplifier w/ minidsp equalization.

Postby ed612313 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:07 am

Hi guys,
Anyone know where i can get these wall mounts in Australia? Im in Sydney.

Postby MattSPL » Sun May 19, 2013 3:41 pm

I would think they might be a special order product, so you would need to ask your local ATC dealer about them.
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Postby Brad Lunde » Sun May 19, 2013 4:38 pm

MattSPL wrote:I would think they might be a special order product, so you would need to ask your local ATC dealer about them.

Or call the ATC HI FI Importer(distributor) in Australia and ask which of their Dealers you should talk to. The distributor list is on ATC's website and they will know for sure (or can find out in short order).

Brad
Brad Lunde
Lone Mountain Audio, part of TransAudio Group
ATC Importers USA

Postby Muser » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi Ben, Brad, et al.:

I bought a C3C in black ash.

I know others with larger speakers chose C1C for their center channel, but movies, rather than music, have primacy at our house at this time. With the center channel getting a greater percentage of information than the L & R, I thought to reach as high as I could afford. It'll be powered by a Parasound 1205A five channel amp (140w @8Ohms and 200w @4Ohms). I'm excited, haven't had a new speaker in six years or so, so this should be fun. My wife was grudgingly happy so that works, too.

Larry
ATC SCM20-2A, Onkyo 885(a) preamp processor, YBA 1 Alpha preamp, Amazon Model 2 tt, Moerch DP6 arm and Dynavector XX2MkII cartridge, Oppo 105, Twisted Pear Audio Buffalo 32S DAC (balanced out) Kubala Sosna Expression cabling. Two 15" Acoustic Elegance subwoofers, powered by QSC RMX 2450 amplifier w/ minidsp equalization.

Postby Brad Lunde » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:31 am

Muser wrote:Hi Ben, Brad, et al.:

I know others with larger speakers chose C1C for their center channel,<SNIP>

Larry

I think you have the center for your next pair of larger ATCs!
Brad
Brad Lunde
Lone Mountain Audio, part of TransAudio Group
ATC Importers USA

Postby Muser » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Brad wrote
I think you have the center for your next pair of larger ATCs!
Brad

Yeah! I'm a little afraid of that, too. :mrgreen:

Larry

Postby BenL » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:29 pm

Muser wrote:Hi Ben, Brad, et al.:

I know others with larger speakers chose C1C for their center channel, but movies, rather than music, have primacy at our house at this time. With the center channel getting a greater percentage of information than the L & R, I thought to reach as high as I could afford. It'll be powered by a Parasound 1205A five channel amp (140w @8Ohms and 200w @4Ohms). I'm excited, haven't had a new speaker in six years or so, so this should be fun. My wife was grudgingly happy so that works, too.

Larry

Hey, congratulations, delighted to hear this :D How is the C3C going?
HiFi: Sonos & Primare -> ATC SCM40

AV: Pioneer 428XD / Onkyo SC886 -> Primare A30.5 -> ATC SCM11s, ATC C3C, Q7000 LR, ATC C2 sub

Postby Muser » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Hey, congratulations, delighted to hear this :D How is the C3C going?

BenL

They're not here yet. Not sure if they've finished building them or they're in route. I guess ATC build their speakers "just in time."

I'm looking forward to hearing them.

Larry

Postby Shadorne » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:43 pm

I believe ATC have preassembled drivers, crossovers and other parts/supplies on shelves in their manufacturing facility but the cabinets are made to order. ATC don't make the cabinets themselves. Kind of the reverse of most hi-fi speaker companies which usually only do designs and make cabinets (all drivers outsourced) or the many companies that outsource the entire end to end manufacturing.
"ATC. Always The Champion. I will not record without them. The best studio monitors. Period." ~ Lenny Kravitz

Benchmark DAC3, 2 x ATC SCM EL150ASL, 1 ATC SCM 0.1/15, 2 x Genelec 8020, Roland TD-30 Drums, Pearl Ref Acoustic Kit, Ludwig brass & Pearl Ref snares, Gibson LP Supreme, Fender Precision Bass

Postby Muser » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:19 pm

I believe ATC have preassembled drivers, crossovers and other parts/supplies on shelves in their manufacturing facility but the cabinets are made to order. ATC don't make the cabinets themselves. Kind of the reverse of most hi-fi speaker companies which usually only do designs and make cabinets (all drivers outsourced) or the many companies that outsource the entire end to end manufacturing.

Shadorne, without pretending to know the exact details, I thought simply that ATC didn't have a stack of 3C3 speakers lying around, but that each unit was assembled following order, "just in time" for the build. In any event, I'm excited. After reading other people's comments about center channel speakers, I might have been better served sonically by a third powered 20 up front, rather than the horizontal 3C3. Ergonomically, the 3C3 works better in our living room. Oh well, even so I'm looking forward to having the center channel available.

To make room for the 3C3, I'm going to have our TV mounted on the wall to make space for the 3C3 and all of the other gear. I intend to have a swiveling and perhaps a tilting mount, unless I'm disabused of that idea. I'd appreciate if any one would share their experiences on this. I have the nagging concern about the TV moving over time because gravity or what have you overcomes the bracket's resistance to such movement.

Larry

Postby MattSPL » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Hi Larry

Congratulations, I bet your excited :D
Remember to watch your back positioning that beast.

Cheers
Matt
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Postby Shadorne » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:43 am

Muser wrote:To make room for the 3C3, I'm going to have our TV mounted on the wall to make space for the 3C3 and all of the other gear. I intend to have a swiveling and perhaps a tilting mount, unless I'm disabused of that idea. I'd appreciate if any one would share their experiences on this. I have the nagging concern about the TV moving over time because gravity or what have you overcomes the bracket's resistance to such movement.

Larry

No problem at all. I have a plasma 42 inch mounted on a swivel that comes out about 18 inches from the wall. I got it at the same time as I got the TV from Bestbuy about 8 years ago. It is still on the wall. I used the four lag bolts provide and screwed them in each corner of the wall mount into the middle of the studs. (did it myself! :shock:)

This is what I have

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sanus-systems-sanus-classic-32-63-full-motion-flat-panel-tv-wall-mount-mlf20-b1-mlf20-b1/10190156.aspx?path=a837fbb85bae9dd370ae2af8b2fe3e53en02&SearchPageIndex=1

Make sure to find the MIDDLE of the stud. :twisted:
"ATC. Always The Champion. I will not record without them. The best studio monitors. Period." ~ Lenny Kravitz

Benchmark DAC3, 2 x ATC SCM EL150ASL, 1 ATC SCM 0.1/15, 2 x Genelec 8020, Roland TD-30 Drums, Pearl Ref Acoustic Kit, Ludwig brass & Pearl Ref snares, Gibson LP Supreme, Fender Precision Bass

Postby Muser » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:41 pm

Shadorne:

Not sure why, but I figured you lived in the UK, or is Bestbuy in the UK, too?

I went to Costco which usually has great prices on good stuff and the prices of their wall mounts were between $50 and $100. I'm sure they'll hold to the wall well enough. My concern arises whether the weight of the tv will overwhelm the mount's tilt and swivel resistance and permanently swing "open" like a barn door on a tilt. Ideal, I imagine, would be a swivel mount with teeth along the swivel mount to keep the TV in a selected position. Monoprice has something that's well regarded but seems insanely cheap at less than $50.

Postby Shadorne » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:47 am

Larry,

I am in Canada. Same style construction as USA. That as why you need to get something firmly into the studs with lag bolts. The swivel on my setup works fine but at $270 it was not cheap but of course plasma are very heavy compared to LCD TV.

PreviousNext

Return to Home cinema