ATC new HTS Series

ATC & other makes of Home Cinema equipment

ATC new HTS Series

Postby Brad Lunde » Tue May 23, 2017 3:27 pm

ATC introduced these three new models at the Munich Hi Fi Show. These are shallow mount wall speakers, designed to be hung on a wall. I've heard them, they will be a welcome addition to the ATC Hi FI range. Due to boundary mounting they have amazing low end. The HTS 40 has low end like an SCM100! Crazy good. The HTS7 and HTS11 both come in horizontal and vertical version, the HTS 40 has a moveable tweeter. Both available white or black. No HTS19 due to the much larger depth of the SL driver.
Brad

[url]http://atcloudspeakers.co.uk/hi-fi/loudspeakers/hts-series/hts7//url]
Brad Lunde
Lone Mountain Audio, part of TransAudio Group
ATC Importers USA

Re: ATC new HTS Series

Postby AlmaataKZ » Wed May 24, 2017 9:11 pm

Oh, shoot! I just had a 5.1 system installed for a friend and was told the old wall mountable models are not made any more so I had to use another make! If these had been ready several months ago I would definately have gone with ATC.
iMac/Bluray/PVR - Marantz SR7008 - 7.1 ATC SCM50SLAT fronts, C1C centre, SCM7 rears, MonitoAudio M3 rear surr, C4 sub
Airplay multiroom (aex to genelec 6010, b&w mm1, avi dm10)
System here: http://atcforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=667

Postby Alexk » Sat May 27, 2017 2:25 am

Interestingly these use different versions of the drivers found in the standard versions to compensate for the extra bass from the boundary mounting...

Postby Nopiano » Sat May 27, 2017 10:55 pm

Alexk wrote:Interestingly these use different versions of the drivers found in the standard versions to compensate for the extra bass from the boundary mounting...

I thought I'd read that the drivers were the same but the crossovers were different. In fact, I've just checked and it was ATC who said so!

Postby Alexk » Mon May 29, 2017 7:57 pm

I'd been told otherwise - the drivers are virtually the same but there are subtle differences to compensate for the boundary effect.

But then again I could be totally wrong...

Return to Home cinema