WIFI

General computer hardware discussion

WIFI

Postby Graham_Thomas » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:16 pm

I'm currently looking at streaming pc music content through a Logitech Squeezebox which has a 24 bit 96khz DAC.

Not sure to go Classic (v3); Touch or Duet. Has anyone any experience please?

Thanking you. :D

Re: WIFI

Postby SimonJ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:09 pm

I use the Sonos product and a Mac Mini as for the price you cant beat it. I went Sonos as I wanted multi room streaming and support with a simple user friendy control and syncing. All my digital content is stored on a Windows Homer server and that also manages all the computers in my home.

The SB range is also very good for the money and as you know there are so many options out there to investigate. Make a check list on your requirements and then decide from there.
BC CD2, Mac Mini (HiFace) & Sonos>BC DAC3VBS LNS powered>Coherant 4d xlr >Sugden Masterclass Pre Amp>Coherant 4d xlr & Mains >GamuT D200 MKII >Coherant 4d Speaker Cable>Cabasse Egea 3

Postby Graham_Thomas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Thanks Simon, costlier though. :geek:

Postby SimonJ » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:37 pm

Yes of course but remmeber you are getting more for your money if you want the extra features and flexability though of course. ;)
BC CD2, Mac Mini (HiFace) & Sonos>BC DAC3VBS LNS powered>Coherant 4d xlr >Sugden Masterclass Pre Amp>Coherant 4d xlr & Mains >GamuT D200 MKII >Coherant 4d Speaker Cable>Cabasse Egea 3

Return to Computer's