What do you think of these, guys?

What's hot, what's not and other questions regarding mobile phones

What do you think of these, guys?

Postby ADCNC » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:58 pm

Ok I'm not sure if i might get an ear bashing for posting a link to Facebook, I'm not trying to advertise or anything like that, i would just appreciate your initial thought on my idea.

Basically as ive previously mentioned I own a small engineering company in stoke-on-trent and unfortunately in october last year i had a bad car crash that nearly killed me. Anyways when i came out of hospital i decided to cheer my self up and bought myself an iPad Air. On getting this i started hunting for a good quality aluminium cases and could only find plastic or leather cases the aluminium cases for what it was cost the earth.

So me being me and with loads of time on my hands i set out to make one in Aluminium, as what was on the market was to be frank "bloody ugly" anyways after a few prototypes i finally settled on a design, but as of yet have not started manufacturing them, ive made 10 in total as samples to see what people think of them so i would love to hear what you guys think.

I cant log on to my flicker account hence me linking to my Facebook page. sorry lads. Any input would be much appreciated and fire away with questions.

https://www.facebook.com/Iconcasesluxury

Ad

Re: What do you think of these, guys?

Postby MattSPL » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:11 pm

They look great :D
Will you be doing Iphone cases too?

Cheers
Matt
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Postby ADCNC » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi buddy I looked into them but aluminium and phone signal don't work to well, if you look at the cases I have made the top and bottom have cut outs for signal reasons but with a iPhone the antenna is all around the handset a bit of a pain for designing an all aluminium case.

Postby MattSPL » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:02 pm

Ah, ok, that makes sense.
I hope the IPad case venture goes well for you and you make a full recovery from the crash.

Cheers
Matt
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Return to Mobile Phones