Are the audiophiles hearing something we're not?

ATC & other latest product news

Are the audiophiles hearing something we're not?

Postby paul_riordan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:55 am

Source: Auralic Aries Mini + Mytek DAC 192
Video source: Oppo BDP-93 blu-ray/SACD/DVD-A
Pre-amp: Mark Levinson ML380s
Cinema Processor: Anthem D2v
Speakers: ATC SCM50ASL (Front and Centre), ATC C4 (Sub), ATC SCM20A-2 (Rear)
Screen: Pioneer KRP-600A

Re: Are the audiophiles hearing something we're not?

Postby MattSPL » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:57 am

I wonder if they have permission to use that picture? :lol:
Sony BDP-S790 > Matrix Quattro Dac > Digidesign RM2's with SB Acoustics drivers > DIY Dayton Audio UM18-22 Sub

Postby AlmaataKZ » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:23 pm

No pics in the article! What a fail! :D
Seriously, though, a lot of people, me in the past included, are ullusioned by the hifi marketing. Hi end is silly and a lot of time not even any good.
iMac/Bluray/PVR - Marantz SR7008 - 7.1 ATC SCM50SLAT fronts, C1C centre, SCM7 rears, MonitoAudio M3 rear surr, C4 sub
Airplay multiroom (aex to genelec 6010, b&w mm1, avi dm10)
System here: http://atcforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=667

Postby Blzebub » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:30 pm

Subliminal advertising by ATC? Just cut the crap and buy these! Very odd to have a picture and no text to indicate what it's a picture of, though.
SCM150SL AT, discrete amp packs

Postby Shadorne » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:51 pm

Yes for sure audiophiles hear differently. Like eyesight, height or anything else - hearing varies between people. I beleive hearing is a very complex brain function and that audiophiles do hear in a more critical fashion. I don't think it is about having bats or dog ears (hearing acuity or extended frequency range) - it is about how the brain evaluates or processes sound. It is also obvious that some people have musical ears which is not necessarily the same as an audiophile but aspects will often overlap. I am convinced of this as it clear that many aspects of the sound field that make some reproduction more authentic and realistic than others are not obvious to most people (but are usually immediately apparent to audiophiles.)

Because it is not about having bat ears and it mostly involves the brain - audiophiles can be any age and the talent can develop at any age and one can train to be better at it also.
"ATC. Always The Champion. I will not record without them. The best studio monitors. Period." ~ Lenny Kravitz

Benchmark DAC3, 2 x ATC SCM EL150ASL, 1 ATC SCM 0.1/15, 2 x Genelec 8020, Roland TD-30 Drums, Pearl Ref Acoustic Kit, Ludwig brass & Pearl Ref snares, Gibson LP Supreme, Fender Precision Bass

Return to Latest news